Subject: [Leica] Señorita Backlight
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 22:33:07 +0200

Thank you very much for yopur opinion and your version, I really like
it. I was preserving the shadow of the girl, but I think your crop
gives a more powerful image.

I'll do this new version,

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 20/09/2009, a las 17:31, R. Clayton McKee escribi?:

> Quoth the Ted Grant :
>
>> Lluis offered:
>> Subject: [Leica] Se?orita Backlight
>>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1009002.jpg.html
>>
>> Hi Lluis,
>> Oh so close! :-( Now given that nobody else stepped into the frame
>> before you shot, you should have let her take a couple more steps
>> and she
>> would have had a complete body shadow behind her and the picture
>> would've
>> been perfect. instead of a cut off body! :-(
>
> Best approach, yes....
>
> but there's also the possibility of cropping the 'dead space' at left
> and bottom.  (It wouldn't be dead space if the full shadow were
> there, but since it's not, it is.)
>
> And you wind up with something akin to this:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rcmckee/other/L1009002x.jpg.html
>

> It's a street scene, this way, playing up the "following" aspect and
> adding questions, and it changes your original storyline for the
> shot... but I think it works.
>
> YMMV.
>
> --
> R. Clayton McKee                            http://www.rcmckee.com
> Photojournalist                                 rcmckee at rcmckee.com
> P O Box 571900                               voice/fax   713/783-3502
> Houston, TX 77257-1900                    cell number on request
> The only guidebooks worth reading begin with the phrase
>    "When you get to the end of the paved road, continue..."

Lluis Ripoll
luisripoll at telefonica.net

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/
http://photo.net/photos/lluisripoll