Subject: [Leica] Leica's manufacturing
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:49:44 -0400

At 07:35 AM 9/16/2009, you wrote:
>I do believe Leicas are made sufficiently precisely to get the full
>potential of the sensor. I hope they become sufficiently profitable to
>continue to do this. It is impressive to me, as an engineer, that they
>are selling the M9 at a lower list price than Canon's 1Ds mk3 and
>Nikons D3x when one considers the relative production volumes.
>
>Frank

And it's impressive to me as a photographer that Leica remains
committed to quality and that they are still very reluctant to do
anything that might compromise the integrity of their fantastic
lenses.  They could have cut corners in quite a few instances and
ended up with a cheaper camera, but it wouldn't have been a Leica.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica's manufacturing)