Subject: [Leica] Leica Trica
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:46:12 -0500

These days
the "box" does considerably more
than keep the light sensitive "frame" from fogging.

The body (box) contains
CCD (or Cmos) shutter, computer, firm ware, range finder (or mirror/
prism), battery, storage card, etc.
all of which require a high level of quality and interdependency
to bring the image safely to the next stage light room for post
processing.

And apparently the best of these bodies (boxes)
cost considerable more than the glass
which costs considerably more
than even the finest tripods and ball heads.

or so it is in my world
YMMV

Regards,
George Lottermoser