Subject: [Leica] Leica Trica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:18:47 -0400

> Me too, I don't go anywhere without it. The small ball head is
> unfortunately no longer available, but the large one is, as is the
> tripod.
> Frank
>
> On 9 Sep, 2009, at 15:50, grduprey at mchsi.com wrote:

The ball head revolutionized tripod photography.
If the last time you used a tripod it was with a two levered head I'd give
the whole thing another whirl. As ball heads dominates now and for good
reason. They are point and shoot. Instead of first do this then do that.
Then put your hands on your camera.

If I had 1000 dollars to spend to do photography I'd spend
500 on a tripod.
300 on glass
200 on a body.
That's where my priorities lay.

In many a sense it makes no sense for Leica to be making a tripod.
Are they really making it? Do we really need a tripod with a red dot on it
when we have Gitzo? Will they do something Gitzo is not doing that we need?
Linhof got out of the tripod biz for good reason.

Me I want my tripod to be of the best quality
Then my glass
Then the body itself.
Whose purpose is to keep the CCD dark.

Mark William Rabiner