Subject: [Leica] M8 M9 Tech Comparos
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:23:35 +0100

According to the marketing BS (alright OK...) the filters have a more
precise cut-off than those in the cameras, which tend to be IR only.
Whether this is of any consequence will obviously vary from camera to
camera and lens to lens, depending on transmission characteristics.
They illustrate with and without shots which are sharper and more
contrasty with. Being marketing pics they would be though wouldn't they.
Frank