Subject: [Leica] M8 M9 Tech Comparos
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:48:27 -0500

Perhaps so.

Yet, $7 - $8,000 price tag is in the ball park of the N and C top
offerings.

What did a new M cost in 1964?
My user M3 and 2 were purchased used
as were 95% of all the cameras and lenses I ever bought.

According to this calculator
<http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm>
$7,500.00 in 2009 had about the same buying power as $1,102.36 in 1964.
Annual inflation over this period was about 4.35%.

We'll see
how the professional digital photographic world
(including Leica)
looks a year or two from now.

Regards,
George Lottermoser