Subject: [Leica] Leica New Product Photos M9 & "X1"
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:12:13 +1000

Not to worry! It looks like it was carved out of a piece of wood with some
dials glued on.
.
That Leica rumour site at least has 'rumour' in its title.
Now they are presenting these lifted without permission from a photographer
in Vietnam as fact.
I did a short factual report on my visit to Solms for a photography industry
friend's blog. I referenced the official L Camera Forum summary. The Leica
rumours guy then took my facts and presented them on his rumour site!
I notice the original poster has taken them down from Flickr. Presumably he
also copied them without permission from somewhere else (unless he made them
himself). There are a number of fakes shown on his site. I think.
The M9 'specs' quoted sound like a reasonable guess and of course have
appeared in a lot of speculation.