Subject: [Leica] leica and micro 4/3 attn:Geof
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:44:59 +1000

 Yep, some folks now predicting that Leica will market a version of the GF1.
My fearless prediction is they may do something more compact than the M8
but not with the mFT sensor. Herr Spiller did just indicate new systems and
not just high end. FWIW Stefan Daniel said that Leica does not want to
produce mFT cameras but may produce some lenses. He also said that noise is
the limiting factor and Leica is not satisfied with the quality from any
current FT sensor (and they regard the G1's LiveView as the lowest
acceptable standard too).
By the way, I can only speak on the Australian market, but here the
Panasonic four thirds cameras are extremely highly priced.
I'm much more interested in the new M of course. Pretty safe bet that one
will have an 9 on the front.

Let's see on Sep 9 shall we ;-) Not long to be proven or disproven. The best
kind of speculation ;-)