Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar?
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:08:57 +0200

Hi Ric,

I do a great use of the Tri Elmar with the M8, much more than
previously with my "normal" film M's, I think there are two reasons,
his limited speed is not a great problem with the M8, you can easily
move to 320 ASA. Secondly I'm not a great user as you are of the 28mm,
the Tri Elmar on the M8 give me as you say a short tele with the 50, a
50 with the 35 and a 32 with the 28, what is quite correct for me. The
quality of the this lens is superb, but when I go to shot everywhere
and I can found dark situations I'm more comfortble with my individual
lenses. But you have a Nocti...

Other point is his minimum focus distance: 1 meter.

In my opinion these one prooves his quality:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1001445bw.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1003901-1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1003845-1.jpg.html

On my album "Barcelona" you can see many examples

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/

I hope this helps

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 22/08/2009, a las 5:14, Ric Carter escribi?:

> Okay.
>
> I've been noticing that most of the work I do in the street, I'm
> shooting f/4 to 8.
>
> My predominant shooting on film was on 35 and 50. That's 28 and 35
> on the M8.
>
> That makes a Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 look like a pretty ideal lens--most
> daily use plus a short portrait lens at 50.
>
> Am I wrong?
>
> ric

Lluis Ripoll
luisripoll at telefonica.net