Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar?
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:40:31 +0000 (UTC)

Not at all.? I have had one for several years , purchased at about the time
I bought an R-D1 (now sold).? I was going to trade it but started using it
again on my new M8 and find that it spends most of its time glued onto the
lens flange.?? Convenience is great, image quality is fabulous.? The only
limitation is the f/4 aperture, and you eliminated that as a concern.? I
notice that a major used dealer has a couple in stock right now for what are
pretty fair prices.? BTW, you might enjoy reading Sean Reid's write-up on
his review site, and there are a couple of essays on the M8 + TE on LL,
including one in which the writer says "if I could only have a single camera
and a single lens, it would the the M8 and Tri-Elmar."

Best regards

John