Subject: [Leica] Olympus EP 1
From: taniel.dan at gmail.com (Daniel Tan)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:54:56 +1000

I've got one with a CV M adaptor.

body IS is very handy since it works with the adaptors.

I've been mostly using a CV skopar 28/3.5, Zeiss 2/35 Biogon, 50 lux black
paint and a CV75/2.5 heliar on it. Mostly the 50 lux though...

IQ wise it's quite decent, I really like iso1600 in b&w mode.

My main gripe with it is having to manually zoom in to focus. You have to
hit the OK button to zoom in to 7x or 10x to focus accurately, then again to
zoom out. You can shoot while zoomed in, but there's a huge lag when it
manually zooms back out before it fires the shutter. Shutter lag isn't that
quick (it's no MP or d700) but it's faster than most p&s' and I feel on par
with most of the low end DSLRs.

The CV M adaptor is a bit irritating too. All of my lenses focus slightly
past infinity, which puts zone focusing out slightly (not that it really
matters that much when you stop down...)

What I'd have really liked is that clip on EVF that the new pana u4/3
sports. I'm not really a fan of having to hold it at a distance to focus.
That or a huge focus confirmation mode on the rear LCD so I can use
shoemount VFs and hold it to my face.

-DT