Subject: [Leica] OT: Contax 645 one more time
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:41:43 +1000

Mark, I'm sure that what you have described regarding using Hasselblads for
wedding photography gave the results you wanted for that shooting.
Thousands of wedding photographers seem to have used them well.
Since you shooting after mirror up, I guess you then cropped the final photo
from your (estimated) actual framing?
You were hand holding as well and relying on DoF to compensate for focus
errors since you had manually focused then done your mirror up, try to point
it the same sequence?
Given all of those factors, for me it seems unreliable to draw any
conclusions or make comparisons regarding 6x6, 6x45, lens brand quality or
resolution performance on film or sensor.
All of those mean you would very likely not use the full exposure area
(framing inaccuracy) and your handheld technique would be the quality
limiting factor, not any theoretical format efficiency, lens or film/sensor
performance.