Subject: [Leica] leica s2 spec on dpreview
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:49:50 -0500

Probably a max iso like Mamiya's 645 digital at 1600iso. Useable if needed
but not recommended. Most MF digitals are not made to perform well over
400iso. The camera is designed for studio type use, not low light
photography.

Nikon does the same to small dealers who want to retain the "pro" supply.
Camera store I worked at was required to stock 3 - D2x's at all times,
before that 3 - D1x's. For a small store, $15K in pro cameras can be allot
of money tied up. I know the Leica is more $$$. Now with the internet,
selling S2's online may be very helpful to smaller stores. And I'm sure
Leica won't be able to stock everyone at first. Nikon had D2x's on back
order for months when it was first released. They did much better meeting
the demand of the D3.

Chris