Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad digi-backs, lenses - was M9 " M8
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 07:29:15 -0500

As was mentioned:
the PhaseOne/Mamiya marriage seems the one to watch at the moment.
I believe that just as in the Nikon/Canon leap frog game
we see Hassy/Fuji compete well;
and Sinar/Schneider/Rodenstock remains in the game
with both their view cameras and Hy6
not sure how their M is stacking up
(probably not well with the S2 coming out).

To truly appreciate the necessity of:
1) precision of manufacture of camera components and sensor mounting
2) optical design and quality control
required for high resolution, large sensor, digital capture
I'll post this link for the third time.
I consider this
< http://www.josephholmes.com/news-medformatprecision.html>
  "must read" for anyone seriously interested
in state of the art, technically speaking, photographic image capture.
It's worth taking the time to download the image files linked in the
article
to truly appreciate the potential quality as well as the potential
fatal flaws.

I think it fair to say
that the M8 and S2 systems
as well as the highest end 24x36 sensor SLR systems
must design and manufacture
at the same levels of precision
to stay in the game.

Regards,