Subject: [Leica] Mark Book Pro
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:04:30 -0400

I love my 17, but given the budget, I'd go with the 13. I just bought
my daughter one and it is sweet!
Glossy screen on both--I never want another matt

my youngest is still pounding away on my old 12, which I still miss in
form factor. the new speed will quickly win you to the new machine,
making the 12 a real creeper.

max out on third party RAM.

Add a big external monitor as soon as you can--the extra real estate
is heaven. I run a 23 cinema display simultaneously with the 17 as one
continuous desktop. that let's you enjoy the improved travel of the 13
over the 15, but still have lots of room when you are home. I also
find externals easier to keep calibrated

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/