Subject: [Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 23:22:50 -0400

 not print that way though.

> If you gave yourself an inch border on each side as I'll often do and is
> archivally recommended its a a 10 by 15 inch image so 10 is really too big
> as you only have half inch borders.
> So you can make 9 x 13.5 images.

Mark did you know 9 x 13.5 image on the 11x17 paper gives you an image which
is an inch and a half white space for a border the wide side?
Its 3/4's of an inch on each side too long.
Which lots a tiny bit funny the main thing is where just not used to seeing
it.

Yes I did Mark! If one printed borderless or close to it normally that's an
11 x 16.5 inch image on an 11x17 sheet of paper!

A quarter inch border on each side and none on the top and bottom.
As close to any ideal sheet of paper I ever heard of for most 35mm
photography.

But if I needed to print closes to borderless  I would have no borders on
the top and bottom and left and the half inch border only on the right side
of the image to sign my name and date and put some semblance of a title.
Not a border but an end tab.
I've done that treatment before.
Non symmetry.

These are just my own private thoughts not meant to be read publicly I hope
you didn't bother reading it.

Just numbers musings...
La mise en page

Mark William Rabiner