Subject: [Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 00:29:01 +0930

> If we never ever extend our technique to tripods and large fine prints why
> invest in exotic glasses, hyper close tolerances and obsessive quality
> control from a small company in central Germany.?

To get a small camera with simple controls, no mirror and thus a clear
view of my subjects.  Tina said it better than I can here:
http://leica-users.org/v18/msg05890.html

"I do use Leicas because they
are quiet, unobtrusive, mechanical, and reliable.  The excellent glass is a
bonus for which I am very grateful, but I will not put the camera on a
tripod, use slow film, and stop the lens down to maximize the quality of
the lens if I lose the photograph in the process."

Mine have not been very reliable (amusingly, my most relible M is my #1 M8).

I would still use Leicas if the glass was only as good as the decent
stuff from their 35mm SLR competitors, and as fast.

Marty

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)