Subject: [Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:35:13 -0400

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> But will be seen in a tripod low iso shot printed 11x17 or larger.
>>
>> Mark William Rabiner

11x17 is certainly an odd size and new for me.
But its part of that whole paper system A3 and so on which is more familiar
for graphic artists or Europeans. Not American photographers.
I found myself when I printed up a show on 11x17 which is now a portfolio
searching for stitches. Long skinny things.

As far as 2 over 3 goes which is either full frame film or digital or what
I'm shooting now with a 1.5 crop on a nikon the long side of 11 is 16.5.
I'd not print that way though.

If you gave yourself an inch border on each side as I'll often do and is
archivally recommended its a a 10 by 15 inch image so 10 is really too big
as you only have half inch borders.
So you can make 9 x 13.5 images.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 50/1.1 Nokton)