Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 20:40:51 +1000

Mark, Jan is interested in the Elmarit-M 90 which is now discontinued. Black
or silver, it's out of production.

A number of current lenses are still available in the silver finish. Those
are the current models of Summicron 28 (recently reintroduced), the
Summicron 35 ASPH., the Summicron 50, the Summilux 50 ASPH. (the one you saw
on the web page) and the Macro Elmar 90. Also the Elmarit 28. Perfect on
your white or green M8!

Some models which were previously available in either finish are now
available in black only, it is true. You still have a good selection though.

Leica does not spray paint M lenses, you must be thinking of another brand,
perhaps involving plastic components as well ;-).

The chrome lens have chrome plated brass barrels.
The black lenses are black anodised aluminium.
There are no current models with any 'titanium' finish of any kind.