Subject: [Leica] Subject: Re: Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:36:59 -0400

> Jan, if you want the silver chrome finish, you will need to shop around for
> a used example then.

Its odd that on the first page of the Leica M website page a silver chrome
finish lens is plainly illustrated its what you click on to get to the M
glass. In which there is none.
Close to the bottom of the page to the left of "titans brush"
http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/
But they stopped making them a few years ago. Darn it.
Someone needs to tell the web master and someone from the Leica company who
knows something needs to look at the website.
They weighed a ton and looked like hell.
Brass painted with silver spray paint. Or
Brass painted with titanium spray paint.
And this is Leica we are talking about.
Not Remco. I'm assured it was a sophisticated coating process.
Looks like spray-paint to me.
In a normal less premium Canon Nikon Pentax mode you order titanium and its
lighter because its made of titanium.
"T" stands for titanium. Not Titanium spray paint. Which would be "TSP".
titanium spray paint over something else?
Those Canon Nikon Pentax guys would not dream of it.
A real anomaly in the history of Leica.

I love the old Leitz glass with the nickel or chrome or whatever it is
barrels. "Silver". For the Lone Ranger.  On a black body.
No spray paint of any kind. Just excellent metal.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Subject: Re: Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm)