Subject: [Leica] Revised BOATING PAD #12 - Version 4 of "Underway"
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:51:25 -0400

Mark 2 - Here's what I ran into when I tried Mark 1's advice and I
think it would be the same if I tried to do what you suggested.  If
you look just under the bow on the near side of the boat, you see a
light blue area with a sharp edge to the right.  This is a reflection
off the water. When I bring the darks down, that area darkens quickly
leaving a dark blue/black square under the bow that I find detracts
from the overall image.  The way I adjusted the image in Version 4
avoids that.

I think this is one of those images we all run across from time to
time that is very hard to tame. Version 4 may be the best possible
compromise.

Many thanks for the suggestion, though.

Regards,

Dick