Subject: [Leica] Seagate - again
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 11:38:42 -0400

LUG:

The problem with my Seagate external hard drive is definitely the USB
connection.  The connection has come loose and fallen back into the
case.  The data should be fine, I just can't get to it.  Do I dare
try to open the case and take out the drive?  I know if I send it in
for data retrieval the estimate will be about $1900.  The 1T drives
are selling for $89 now and I've just ordered 4 to put in a Drobo so
I won't miss this one if it doesn't work.  It is still under warranty
and I'm sure I void the warranty by opening the case, but I'd rather
have the data if it's possible to take out the drive and hook it up
some other way.

This drive is full of nothing but Leica photos ;-) so it's on
topic.  Has anybody ever opened a drive like this successfully?  I
found a U-Tube video showing how to do it.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Seagate - again)