Subject: [Leica] How to make a Full Frame M ... I dunno!
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:25:47 -0400

Hi folks;

That is the $64,000 question - and I don't think that's what it will
cost.

But in going from 4/3 to 'micro 4/3', the flange to sensor distance
seemed to be reduced with not too many problems. Heck, I always
thought they could make a sensor that is 'curved' slightly in at the
edges; but what do I know? :-)

A combination of software and better microlenses may do it. Then again
maybe a new sensor technology will come forward. I have often wondered
if the Foveon technology may work better here as well - it's more
'film like' and may not have these issues.

Anyone's guess!

Best,
Ed

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] How to make a Full Frame M ... I dunno!)