Subject: [Leica] S2 release dates and prices
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:22:28 -0400

Great coments all. I expected this price although a $20K price was
bounced around for a while. It will be attractive to studio shooters
or other MF users who can afford it or need it. Leica can most likely
lay claim to the most expensive consumer camera system in the world.
But that doesn't help most of us out :-)
A full frame M will come sooner or later - although since using M7's
and M8.x's for street shooting with the 18mm Super Elmar, 21mm
Summilux, I am in no hurry.

I do feel the pinch when it comes to the lack of an R digital -
promised by Leica for so long. For wildlife, macro, sports etc. I can
use the DMR's - the quality is outstanding to say the least, or film.
But when you pick up and use a Nikon D3, D3X or D700, and mount an
adapted Leica lens, or Nikon's own glass - boy do I wish Leica went
ahead with it's digital R plans. I see all this great glass that I
would like to put a coupled made-by Leica Full Frame body behind, that
would match the specs of the D3 or D3X (or somewhere in the middle)
and it's dissapointing that probably won't happen.
Hope springs eternal though, and like Frank - I hope the folks in
Solms still have something of a surprise on the way for R users!

Best
Ed

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] S2 release dates and prices)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] S2 release dates and prices)