Subject: [Leica] Backs at Backlight
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:26:14 +0200

Well Mark, next time we meet I will show you my Blurb books...or you
can buy them before that, of course ;-)

There was a time when I was making prints. I had one printer for B&W,
loaded with special MIS inks, using special wonderful paper; and
another one for color, up to A3. It was one continuing source of
frustration. I did not print every day, so the things would clog up,
need cleaning, I would get the calibration wrong, wasting still more
ink and paper. And finally, what to do with those prints? One could
carry them around, of course, but carrying a big portfolio just does
not fit my lifestyle. One could hang them around the house, but there
is only so much wall space.

Now I happily use Blurb as my printer. When I have a coherent body of
work, I make a book. There is always room in the bookshelf for another
book. And I am more than happy to show off my stuff on the web. I
still make the occasional print, but only up to A4 on my Epson R800,
in those cases where I have promised someone a print. And if I want to
give someone a serious print as a present (or I need prints to
exhibit) then I outsource that work to a lab that does it better and
cheaper than I do.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain