Subject: [Leica] D700 50'cron update
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:43:29 -0400

John,

It's not drag at all. And it's not really stop down metering in the sense
I've always known it to be. i.e. I don't push any buttons to meter. I shoot
in aperture priority mode. So it's not a drag at all. The only problem is
the viewfinder gets darker if you shoot at a smaller apertures. And, of
course, you're always in DOF preview mode.

A darker viewfinder isn't a big deal, however. A lot of consumer zooms are
f4 to f5.6. I've used more than my share of slow consumer zooms and somehow
I got by. Rarely do I stop down further than f5.6, unless there's pleny of
light, in which case the viewfinder isn't that dark.