Subject: [Leica] Women
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:53:27 -0400

Excellent point, Tina.

One of the things you hear about the homeless is that they are
invisible, not that they hide, but that others refuse to look at them.
They are not spoken to or interacted with in any way. It is part of
the puzzle of reducing the problem.

I frequently enjoy (though not always) conversations and interactions
with the "street characters" I meet and photograph.

But, perhaps it is not so easy to distinguish the line between
exploiting and acknowledging the otherwise faceless as human beings
with worth and lives.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/