Subject: [Leica] M8 + Coded Lens = Nada in LR?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 03:03:08 -0400

Every once in a while I'd keep very careful notes on shoots I'd do and felt
it help me a lot.
I'd tell people if they wanted to be a great photographer that's what they
should do.
I read about a guy who did that.
Got great fast. Always knew what he did.
Which f stop he shot something at. Shutter speed. And on from there.
Had books filled with notes he could go back and check on at any time.
Amazing! I cant read my own writing so it makes it difficult.

Well now its all recorded for you and I'm pretty glad about that.
I can see which f stops are working for me. What my hand held shutter speed
limits are much better. So I'm all for it. But try not to dwell on it.

I do find it amazing how well so many of the lenses use lately do wide open.
If not for exif or whatever it its called I'd probably still be stopping
down everything to 5.6.
I think digital teaches you photography much quicker because of these issues
and the instant feed back you get like shooting a Polaroid every time.
If I'd started out shooting digital instead of 30 years of floundering with
film I feel like I'd be a frigging millionaire by now I'd be such a good
photographer.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] M8 + Coded Lens = Nada in LR?)
Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] M8 + Coded Lens = Nada in LR?)