Subject: [Leica] landscape photography advice?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:53:09 -0500

I would just say watch the light, take lots of photos and if possible have a
friend help edit.  Especially the latter.  I would suggest definitely
getting a camera that takes raw files.  That way, if she becomes "serious"
later, she will have something to work with.  If she does get into
photography, whatever she buys now will probably be tomorrow's paperweight.
At B&H she can buy a Canon 450D with an 18-55 IS lens for $750.  That and a
lens hood and lots of cards and learning how to use aperture priority should
get her started.  Or something like that that takes raw files.

Ken