Subject: [Leica] Why...Nazi symbols should be trashed,
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:51:24 +0100

"Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov at charter.net> wrote
>A joke too far...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELyTBXzfQJ8

No I echo Ric's sentiments in that I thought it quite funny too. I'm not
denying that Hitler & his henchmen were appalling but from this distance it
is fair enough to use them as a vehicle for satire and particularly the over
the top coverage of Michael Jackson's death.

After all, Chaplain used AH as the  inspiration for his film "The Great
Dictator" and with regard to the swastika, it was still used as a trade mark
for a Dublin laundry up to the late '60s. Their red vans were a familiar
sight of the roads around where I was brought up. In fact, our family had
our laundry collected and processed by the Swastika Laundry and I well
remember the tall mustashioed man in the black uniform and black peaked hat
who would call to collect our bag of sheets, and whisk them off in his
electric van before returning them beautifully pressed some days later.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_Laundry

Then of course dry cleaning began to spring up and undercut them, but by
this time I had stopped using sheets pressed by them in protest at their use
of Nazi symbolism..... <grin>

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry