Subject: [Leica] FS: Superb M3 DS, Hexanon 50/2
From: dysmedia at gmail.com (Douglas Anthony Cooper)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:13:59 -0500

I have an extremely clean Leica M3 DS. It was CLA'd years ago by DAG,
the best Leica guy in the US; and when he opened it the wax seal was
intact: meaning it had never been serviced by anyone else. I've used
it very rarely since.

I would call the condition Ex++, but a less scrupulous seller would
say Mint-. I think the Double Stroke M3 represents the apex of Leica
engineering. (This is holy war territory -- some argue that the later
Single Stroke is a touch superior; some look for serial numbers over
1,000,000, etc. But I've owned a later M3, as well as an M2 and an M4,
and the feel of this trumps them all.)

I'm including the Hexanon 50/2 lens -- originally released with the
Hexar -- which is legendary: many lens aficionados prefer it to the
Summicron. (These are becoming hard to find, and expensive.) Certainly
the bokeh is better than recent Summicrons; and it holds its own with
the 50/2 Dual Range. For those who worry about focal plane issues,
this one focuses *perfectly* on the M3.  It is in mint condition, and
has always had a filter protecting the front element.

Make me an offer.  Will consider trade for Nikon SLR lenses:  manual
or autofocus.

Doug

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] FS: Superb M3 DS, Hexanon 50/2)