Subject: [Leica] Re. Are we no longer wanted?
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:10:43 -0700

I just came into this thread (I've been writing all weekend).  What's
interesting is that most people really agree about the essentials (Leica
products good, Leica business not so good).  Yet we argue and get upset
with each other. Too bad.

It's also too bad that because Leica is expensive, it seems to promote
class warfare.  Again, too bad.  For the record, I'm not rich, and I have
an M8. I don't have other things because I bought the M8.  No regrets--the
camera matches me and what I do photographically.

That said, when Tina advised Jayanand to get an M8, I had a sudden vision
of Our Man from India walking up to one of those magnificent tigers with
an M8 and 35 Summicron, saying: "Excuse me, Honored Mr. Tiger, but I'd
like to take a nice close-up of your magnificent face with my superb
optics and anti-alias-free sensor.

I'd like to go on record advising against this.  :-)

--Peter

 Mark,

Replies: Reply from charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer) ([Leica] Re. Are we no longer wanted?)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Re. Are we no longer wanted?)