Subject: [Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:53:34 -0700

If I were to buy an M8 today I would buy it in the same fashion as I've
bought all my Leica gear as a professional for 60 years..... for my work!
WHY? Because the camera in my hands is quick, unobtrusive and it's easy to
carry three of them at one time to avoid changing lenses.

Many of the concerns some people have aren't worth asking or even
considering. Certainly after using an M8 for a few years now for work and
family-friends Happy Snaps, if one is thinking about buying an M8 get over
the thought concern process, just go get it at the best price you can and
get on with your picture taking no differently than using an M4 - M6 - M7!

Sure there were a couple of minor glitches, but most can be over come by
disregarding them and get on with the job and fun of shooting. I think many
of the concerns occur from folks "over thinking their concerns" rather than
get the damn camera and get out taking pictures.

It still goes back to KISS... LIGHT - EYES - ACTION - CLICK!  Then throw in
an 8 gig or higher card and shoot your brains out for weeks or months! Or if
it's a busy day all in one day!  :-)

ted