Subject: [Leica] IMG: speaking of transportation as sculpture
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:59:40 -0700

Frank,

"By the time the Ace was announced at the 1953 Motor Show, the 1991cc
 65mm x100mm 6-cylinder AC engine had been in production for some 30
(effing) years."

The Aceca never was a "perhaps".  It always was the coupe version of the
Ace.  The only
really good 2.6 litre Acecas were the ones with the Ruddspeed engines
which had 3 side
draft Webers --  170 HP!

There never was an Aceca Cobra--- That concept morphed into the Shelby
Daytona Coupe.

I assume Frank is at the British GP, where I would be, if I were back
working in the UK

Jerry

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG: speaking of transportation as sculpture)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] IMG: speaking of transportation as sculpture)