Subject: [Leica] IMG: speaking of transportation as sculpture
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 07:48:42 -0700

Frank- I worked next to the Los Angeles airport for 19 years. I was
told by co-workers that the cars were built in El Segundo - immediately
south of the south runway and the just built cars would be run next to
the runway to check them out. I remember them for sale brand new-
(about $10K  ? for the 427 Cobra). I used to go to the Los Angeles
Times Gran Prix out in Riverside Calif and watch the sport car races.
The big Cobras were awesome (sic) done the straight and they'd crawl
around the hairpin curve and take off again.  Stasys