Subject: [Leica] Chills on the lack of the OVF on.. *Olympus* E-P1
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:14:09 -0500

Quoth the Henning Wulff :

>As Michael Johnston writes, an OVF will be huge, and the next thing
>you know, people will be complaining about that.
>

> So put in an EVF. Put in *something*.

There's a live screen on the back of the body.   Their marketing
research people most likely consider that adequate for the targeted
owners/users for the camera.

This is not a "serious" camera, it's an interchangeable lens point-
and-wave. Leicaphiles and other serious shooters are not anywhere
CLOSE to the target market for this toy, and in the best of all
worlds there are not enough of us to make a significant difference in
the financial viability of the model.

The camera wasn't designed for what we want, and there's no point in
b*tching because it doesn't DO what we'd like.  The only question
that remains is whether there is a large enough body of users, actual
or potential, to make the camera an economic success.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee at rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Chills on the lack of the OVF on.. *Olympus* E-P1)