Subject: [Leica] OT: Olympus micro 4/3 preview
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:21:25 -0700

This is pretty interesting......

I could use my M lenses ( see:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0905/09052101panasonicadaptors.asp )
I could use my M Finders
I could keep ( hopefully) most of my money, and still get a Digi-M

Most interesting.....I would suppose there is no RF?  Focus using the screen
in the back?

Given that a 4/3 sensor is ( I think) 1/4 the size of 35mm film, the crop
factor would be .... 4 ?????
Which would mean to get the same AOV as a 35mm lens on a 35mm film, you
would need a 35/4 = 9mm lens on this camera format.?

Maybe for the birders out there?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Those interested in the rumoured Olympus micro-4/3 camera, the "Pen F
celebration" model, might have a look here. Could be a fake, but most
Olympus freaks believe it is real:

Exchangeable lens, fixed focal length - actually a f2.8 17mm (34mm eq.) -
and an optical finder: http://tinyurl.com/n2maaf

Panasonic is said to come up with a 20mm/f1.7 lens for the same system.

When the micro-4/3 system was presented more than a year ago, it was my
first idea that such a system should lead to something ecaxtly like that. A
compact camera with a better sensor than other compacts and a good optical
finder.

Didier