Subject: [Leica] No R-10
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:50:58 -0400

Frank,

>> Having to turn a ring to make the aperture the required one for
proper
exposure is a real PITA.<<

Last I checked that's exactly how a Leica M operates. BTW, you don't
have to change the aperture of an a R lens on a D700 to get the proper
exposure. You only need to turn the ring if you to change DOF.

My point about TLRs was that you don't always need total automation.
Just like AF. Some people can't live without it. I can take it or leave
it most of the time. In fact, unless I absolutely need it, I think I
photograph better without it.

I think it's an F bayonet conversion is a great. I honestly thought it
would be more of a PITA that it turned out to be. I'm finding that TTL
DOF viewing isn't a bad thing.

I just converted a mint 50 Summicron for less than the cost of a Nikkor
or Sigma 50/1.4. I never thought using Leica glass would be less costly
than using Sigma glass.

Dave R