Subject: [Leica] Noctilux in Nikon D300
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:10:35 -0700

Probably not, but he Noctilux fits a M mount..... and while there is a
Novoflex ( and others) M to Nikon SLR adapter, the focus to infinity ( or
really, anything approaching something useful)  will be the defining
problem.

The focus plane on the Leica M is 27.95mm
Ditto the Nikon F mount...... 46.5mm

Which means that you will always have ( roughly) 20mm of too much helical
out there when you wish to do infinity focus.

Someone else can do the math to see what is the farthest you will be able to
focus, sharply.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net