Subject: [Leica] Noctilux in Nikon D300
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:51:03 -0400

It would be interesting though doing a lot of Noctilux work in the near
macro area where it tradionally carped out on you.
It, the traditional version did not focus as close as most the other 50's.
 Closer than 3 feet I think.
Not its neck of the woods.
The magnification limit was a tad loose and could be hard to get used to.
Especially in the days when everybody shot film and you wanted to print full
frame black border and not crop and loose your black border.
I'm sure the lens performs nice enough in the 1 to 3 foot area.
And of course the razor thin in focus area becomes even sharper; then ever
before. I'd be doing a lot of bracketing my focusing by rocking back and
forth.
And tapping my foot.

Tonight at the Leica gallery which by the way is on a second wind as it was
history a few months ago there was a guy with what looked like an M lens on
his Canon Mark something which said Leica on it. The Camera said Leica on
it.
I asked the guy and it turned out to be an R lens.

Why would they name their camera "Mark"?

Mark William Rabiner