Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se ñorita (Jim Shulman special)
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:43:13 -0400

I can't agree more.  Personal determination and the belief, a real
conviction, that X, Y, or Z is possible is 75% of the battle.  But, don't
get me wrong I'm not one of those boot strap pundits who will use the idea
personal determination to undermine the role of education.  The word
education should be eliminated from the vocabulary because is has so many
meanings and is so abused as a word that when used it just causes
confusion.  One thing I see clearly is that even a modicum education about
the "self" can enhance self determination as a belief in God enhances the
idea that anything is possible.

At 07:18 PM 6/9/2009, you wrote:
>Chris Saganich offered:
>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se ?orita (Jim
>Shulman special)
>

>If only it were so simple Dr. Ted.  There's never been a time in human
>
>history when food has been so abundant, fattening, cheap, and tasty!  I
>
>find that the higher the calories the lower the price and visa versa.  I
>
>really believe we all are being duped.<<<<<<<<<,
>

>Hi Chris,
>
>I can?t agree with you more about your food comments. It is amazing how much
>we do have on plant Earth, yet we have starvation in so many places. What
>folks like the most is generally the good old fashion fattening things. Me?
>Deadly stuff, whipped cream foods of any kind! :-)
>
>It?s hard for some folks to keep the weight off and or down. I suppose my
>good fortune has been my career always going some place and meals not at a
>regular time
 Picture taking was always first and foremost! But with
> [...]
>

>And I made it at the big 80 birthday party because that was the goal I set!
>:-) My grandsons and daughters, their friends bet I?d never make it
 ?What?
>An old man like that is going to do what?? Then started making bets with
>each other I wouldn?t make it, But when I got to 65 or so, they started
>calling off the bets and began cheering, ?GO GRANDPA GO! YOU CAN MAKE IT.?
>Then they began the countdown 70-71-72 etc and when I did the 80 a big
>cheer! So I did one more just for the hell of it, much to their hollering
>and whooping!
>

>Then the older of the boys told everyone he had dialed part of the 911
>emergency telephone number just in case. But only dialed ?91-? ready to hit
>number 1 and they?d be on the way! :-) He also offered he was very glad he
>didn?t have to dial 1! :-)
>

>So if one wishes hard enough to work at whatever it might be for them
>selves, we can make amazing things happen for our own good. Certainly when
>it?s something we as an individual can control. It?s KISS simple, ?Do that
>what you can control and to hell with everything else!?  Certainly when any
>governments are involved! :-)
>

>And something to think about.
>
>?Age only matters when one is aging. Now that I have arrived at a great age,
>I might just as well be twenty!? ;-)
>

>Dr. ted  :-)
>

>At 05:03 PM 6/9/2009, you wrote:
>
> >Nathan showed:
>

> >Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se?orita (Jim Shulman
>
> >special)
>

> ><<Yesterday I spent some time on the Esplanada de Espa?a, watching human
>
> >traffic:
>

> >http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#559322603_YRvtp-O-LB

> >Hi  Nathan,
>

> >It?s a great illustration of a human being who stuffs her face way toooooo
>
> >much and will quite probably become a drain on the Health Programme due to
>
> >diabetes or some other disease occupied by OBESE people! Shame and so
>young!
>
> >Damn she?d probably be quite an attractive young thing with the drop of
> >100
>
> >lbs! Or 50 kilos!
>

> >I look at this weight thing as a damn plague and absolutely no reason to
>
> >allow oneself to become FAT like this girl! Sure there are medical reasons
>
> >with some, but the greatest number are from nothing more than being a
> >sloth
>
> >watching TV and feeding themselves junk food by the truck load! When they
>
> >could be out walking, that?s a free activity! Dancing is fun, with
> >swimming
>
> >a great fitness event. Or any number of physical activities to rid
>
> >themselves of this overloaded appearance! And obviously ?STOP EATING SO
>DAMN
>
> >MUCH WHATEVER!?
>

> >No pride in how she looks, she?s just FAT!!
>

> >Oh the picture? Great and obviously a moving scene for me! Given my rant

 ?If I at 80 years can throw down on the

chs2018 at med.cornell.edu

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se ñorita (Jim Shulman special))