Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se ñorita (Jim Shulman special)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:18:04 -0700

Chris Saganich offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se ?orita (Jim
Shulman special)

If only it were so simple Dr. Ted.  There's never been a time in human

history when food has been so abundant, fattening, cheap, and tasty!  I

find that the higher the calories the lower the price and visa versa.  I

really believe we all are being duped.<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Chris,

I can?t agree with you more about your food comments. It is amazing how much
we do have on plant Earth, yet we have starvation in so many places. What
folks like the most is generally the good old fashion fattening things. Me?
Deadly stuff, whipped cream foods of any kind! :-)

It?s hard for some folks to keep the weight off and or down. I suppose my
good fortune has been my career always going some place and meals not at a
regular time
 Picture taking was always first and foremost! But with
perseverance it is possible if one sets a goal, a date and fights every day
to lose it, it will happen.

Look at my 80 sit-ups for example. The best I did the first try on January
30 was 20, the last five that day damn near killed me. But I made my mind up
and every day through to May 27th I worked at it twice a day, 7.30 a.m. and
4 in the afternoon. But always before supper I got down on the floor and did
them. Sometimes I?d say to myself, do an extra 5 now and you can have a
single malt after dinner! :-) A great incentive! :-)

And I made it at the big 80 birthday party because that was the goal I set!
:-) My grandsons and daughters, their friends bet I?d never make it
 ?What?
An old man like that is going to do what?? Then started making bets with
each other I wouldn?t make it, But when I got to 65 or so, they started
calling off the bets and began cheering, ?GO GRANDPA GO! YOU CAN MAKE IT.?
Then they began the countdown 70-71-72 etc and when I did the 80 a big
cheer! So I did one more just for the hell of it, much to their hollering
and whooping!

Then the older of the boys told everyone he had dialed part of the 911
emergency telephone number just in case. But only dialed ?91-? ready to hit
number 1 and they?d be on the way! :-) He also offered he was very glad he
didn?t have to dial 1! :-)

So if one wishes hard enough to work at whatever it might be for them
selves, we can make amazing things happen for our own good. Certainly when
it?s something we as an individual can control. It?s KISS simple, ?Do that
what you can control and to hell with everything else!?  Certainly when any
governments are involved! :-)

And something to think about.

?Age only matters when one is aging. Now that I have arrived at a great age,
I might just as well be twenty!? ;-)

Dr. ted  :-)

At 05:03 PM 6/9/2009, you wrote:

>Nathan showed:

>Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 08/06/2009: a well-fed se?orita (Jim Shulman

>special)

><<Yesterday I spent some time on the Esplanada de Espa?a, watching human

>traffic:

>http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#559322603_YRvtp-O-LB

>Hi  Nathan,

>It?s a great illustration of a human being who stuffs her face way toooooo

>much and will quite probably become a drain on the Health Programme due to

>diabetes or some other disease occupied by OBESE people! Shame and so
young!

>Damn she?d probably be quite an attractive young thing with the drop of 100

>lbs! Or 50 kilos!

>I look at this weight thing as a damn plague and absolutely no reason to

>allow oneself to become FAT like this girl! Sure there are medical reasons

>with some, but the greatest number are from nothing more than being a sloth

>watching TV and feeding themselves junk food by the truck load! When they

>could be out walking, that?s a free activity! Dancing is fun, with swimming

>a great fitness event. Or any number of physical activities to rid

>themselves of this overloaded appearance! And obviously ?STOP EATING SO
DAMN

>MUCH WHATEVER!?

>No pride in how she looks, she?s just FAT!!

>Oh the picture? Great and obviously a moving scene for me! Given my rant

>about the ?FAT!? :-)

>I look at this in this fashion
 ?If I at 80 years can throw down on the

>floor and knock off 80 sit-ups there isn?t any reason younger people not

>suffering a disease of of some kind can?t loose weight and stay a trim fit

>figure! A hell of a lot cheaper buying regular clothes instead of a tent to

>wrap the body in!

>Cheers,

>Dr. ted

Chris Saganich MS, CPH

Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics

New York Presbyterian Hospital

chs2018 at med.cornell.edu

http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/

Ph. 212.746.6964