Subject: [Leica] FS: 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH 6-bit
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 15:56:13 -0700

They all vignette, but if it's slight or it
doesn't matter to you, then things are fine.

I lens tests now (last 5 years) I often read
about people complaining about vignetting. With
digital it really doesn't matter if there is a
bit of vignetting, as it can easily be changed. A
lot of vignetting matters a bit more because you
might have to adjust every image, but it's still
not a problem. Lack of resolution, flare, and
even distortion and colour fringing are a lot
bigger problems, but vignetting just isn't a big
deal.