Subject: [Leica] FS: 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH 6-bit
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:05:08 -0400

My 50mm Summicron does not vignette.
Or it does but I never bothered to notice.
Nor does my 50 mm 3.5 Elmar. I could easily but not that I'd ever notice
Nor my 50mm 1.4 AI Nikkor.
Nor my 50mm 1.8 AID Nikkor which I used this week.

Nor my 50mm Color Skopar 2.8 lens on my Voigtl?nder Vito BL
Nor my 50mm Noctilux
Nor my 50mm Schneider Componon 2.8
Nor my 50mm El Nikkor 2.8

Nor the "normal" lenses I use on my Rolleiflex, Hasselblad, Speed Graphics
of medium and large formats, Calumet Cambo NX, and Olympus Pen Ft

If they made them I would buy anti anti vignetting filters.
As I prefer darkened edges. Something I almost always do in processing later
in the darkroom or here at my laptop anyway.

I was just curious why a 50mm 1.4 lens would need a 77 filter size.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] FS: 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH 6-bit)
Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] FS: 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH 6-bit)