Subject: [Leica] Salgado now great image/camera ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:16:17 -0700

Jayanand Govindaraj offered:

>> What I think is more important, is that the photographer is one with

his camera, working on pure instinct.<<<<<,,

There you go eh? Just what I've been saying for years.. KISS!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at any of my medical books or the new "Real Photographers Shoot
B&W!" book.  It's all about working on pure instinct! "Women in Medicine. A
Celebration of Their Work." I used three M7's on auto for 500 rolls B&W and
every exposure was on the mark! That doesn't mean every frame was a great
photo, well OK was a not bad photo. I spent very little time thinking about
anything other than pressing the shutter release at precisely the
instinctive moment!

There wasn't any preplanning exposure values, it's either in your gut, you
feel it, you see it, you click it! And if you don't believe me then you
haven't been listening for the past bunch of years.

It's the decisive moment, it's the instinct. It's the grabbing your gut...
CLICK!

However, each photographer has his or her instinctive re-action to whatever
the subject is they are shooting with whatever type - size of camera and
situation.

Some have the gift of simply "see - shoot" almost without thought, as in
"pure instinct!" Others have no concept of shooting in this fashion and are
far more into planning, adjusting whatever their system is. But there are
no, nor absolutely perfect way to make exposures simply because we are all
different, re-act differently and have differing physical re-actions.

Just some passing thoughts.  But you just have to love KISS or if you like,
"Kissing!" ;-)

Dr. ted