Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Walk
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 18:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

Me too. And it's a bit sureal in the middle of a beautiful preserve.
Thanks for looking and chiming in!
Bob

Sent from iBob

On May 31, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Robert Meier <robertmeier at usjet.net> wrote:

I like its simplicity and the way the repeating vertical poles create
patterns.

On May 31, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Bob Adler wrote:

Hi Robert,
No, not Christo. This is what I could find at:
http://baytrail.abag.ca.gov/vtour/map3/access/Btpalto/Byxbee.htm

"In 1988, the Palo Alto Public Arts Commission started a national search to
select an artist and landscape architect to design a public park from a
converted landfill. The chosen design team consisted of artists Peter
Richards and Michael Oppenheimer and Hargreaves Landscape Architects and
Planners. George Hargreaves, who is a graduate of and a professor at
Harvard's Graduate School of Design, and his firm have transformed sites
into works of art around the world. Locally, their designs include the
Candlestick Point Cultural Park, San Jose's Guadalupe River Park and Plaza
Park, and San Francisco's Crissy Field restoration. Though like most works
of art, there has been controversy over some of Byxbee Park's artistic
features, the park was recognized with an Honor Award for excellence from
the American Society of Landscape Architects in 1993 and an Outstanding
Achievement, City Livability Award, from the US Conference of Mayors in
1994."

Best,
Bob
Bob Adler