Subject: [Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 06:48:51 -0500

Douglas offeredin response:

Subject: Re: [Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-)

> "Ted Grant" <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/8065370.stm<<<<
> > Thank you I shall begin practising shortly. Although today to
> the cheering
> > guests, grandsons, our sons and daughters and a gathering of
> friends I did
> > 80 sit-ups, one for each year! :-)
>
> Marvellous stuff 80 on 80th, I'm both impressed and ashamed.
> Impressed by you and ashamed of how badly I've let myself go. With 22
> years
> to go to my own 80th, I'll have to get working on my own health & fitness
> again. As an ex rugby, soccer & GAA player, ex triathlete, ex marathon
> runner, and someone who used to run up every morning before breakfast to
> the
> summit of the 600ft hill beside my sea level house with another run in the
> evening, I've let myself go completely. A combination of damaging my knee
> playing soccer with my youngest son, and an interest in photography
> keeps me too much in front of the pc these days.
>
> I'll have to get out walking (at least) again. It's now 22 years
> since I won the annual race up and down Ireland's highest mountain -
> Carrauntoohil - and my body is reduced to living on memories of hard
> training! Mind
> you next week I'm in Bordeaux giving my stomach a good work out..... :-)

Hi Douglas
Never too late to start! :-) One only needs to pull on some loose clothes
and out the door first thing in the morning before the rest of the world
stirs enjoying a quiet walk along around the neighbourhood. Or they can be
quick step pace and make it a shoulders back and solid brisk step along for
about 30 minutes and you'll find your days become far more enjoyable. It
also allows one to kind of set the plan of the day. More importantly it
truly is a half hour away from these damning computer machines we all put
far too much time sitting here.
One need not become some kind of fanatic, merely keep it a relaxing head
clearing kind of thing. Quite beneficial for those walk about times with a
camera looking for happy snaps. :-)
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] An 80th birthday party! :-))