Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:06:26 -0400

Yes the Leica Users group is a gentleman's club.
We're all a bunch of rich guys;
Who buy and sell cameras.
Or exchange, rather whole systems for others with pat excuses.

Actually some of us have all kinds of cameras and we used them to make
pictures in a serious and sometimes professional manner.
Its not all about the gear.
Its all about the USE of the gear.

99.99999 % of the serious pictures of people on the sidewalk are made with
DSLR's. For some reason they are not causing mass panic as you say when you
try it.

And to split a fine point I do much of my shooting with my Nikons over the
past  33 years with two 80's.
The first one an f2 AI which looks as obtrusive as a 50mm and has the same
filter size. 52.
The second one (I still have the first one and use it) is the 1.8 AF which
is a notch up in size to a filter size of 62mm.

No law says I have to put a monster 1.4 80 on my bodies with its 72mm filter
size. I'd not own one. Is it a quarter stop between 1.8 and 1.4?!
The 1.8 is half the weight and half the size.

Though at the distances its often used it hardly makes a difference.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] a quick hello)