Subject: [Leica] French Café Women - now Angélus
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:49:36 +0100

Nathan Wajsman" <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote

Yeah, I'll come along too :-) Hopefully, one of the side effects of
the crisis will be a moderation in prices of good Bordeaux. I have
bottles from the mid-90s that I could never afford to buy today (I
bought them during several trips to Bordeaux when I lived in
Brussels). I have never been brave enough for the futures.
<<<<<<<

Futures are fine for the next boom of rising prices, but, as that is likely
to be as far away as the new M10.5 (full frame x 1.3), I'll stay away from
them. In Ireland, wine suppliers are folding by the good time, so where this
happens wine will come onto the market at reasonable prices eventually. This
is evidenced in the car market here as ritzier (and now unaffordable)
vehicles are auctioned by their straitened and tear-streaked owners to the
echo of wallets slamming shut by hard eyed buyers. The embarrassed coughs &
throat clearing from the equally disappointed auctioneers is the
accompanying symphony as their dreams head downswards into the slough of
despond.

Yes Nathan, I agree with you. Bordeaux prices have to go backwards, but for
the moment it's like the car has only just crashed. They're staring over the
crumpled bonnet at the steam rising from the broken radiator. Acceptance is
still a bit further off.

That said I bought some wine - and Madeira - today!

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow