Subject: [Leica] French Café Women - now Angélus
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:04:30 +0200

Douglas Barry wrote:

> L'Angelus, La Conseillante, and Cheval Blanc.

Got a backseat for a Lugger?
Immense prospect dear Douglas !

I've never had Cheval Blanc, some day, my prince will come riding that
white horse, maybe ...

I had Angelus 47 - a bottle found in my father's cellar a couple of
years ago - the last immense bottle we shared before he left.
The wine was still there, not for long, but what an experience !
I've kept  the empty bottle - of course - funny bottle, not even straight.
I've just rolled it on the flatbed scanner for you to see.
It's here :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Angelus-47.jpg.html
And I love the artsy look of the scan ;-)

As for futures, I'll sit on the fence and ruminate. I think the
financial storms that have beset the world may help bring on that
recently missing sense of value to buyers, and help dampen down the over
enthusiasm and hype of sellers. Most of us want to buy (and drink) wine,
not have our (rapidly diminishing, in my case) hair fanned by hot air!

I stopped buying futures in 2004 - I felt my provider was becoming too
risky. And crazy tags too.
Yet, in these times of crisis, I think the wine was the best investment
I've ever dared. And I can still drink it as you say it. :-)

> I'll be looking for bargains..... :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Douglas.

Amiti?s
Philippe